This Website is owned and maintained by Gabriella James, Chairmakers Limited of whom Felicity Randolph is the Data Controller and Director. Felicity can be contacted directly via firstname.lastname@example.org or called on 01233 756740
Gabriella James, Chairmakers is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement and in line with the GDPR.
Gabriella James, Chairmakers may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 21st of May 2018
What data we collect
We collect the following information that is considered personal data but not special data as defined by the GDPR:
- Contact information including Phone and email address
- Address of intended delivery
- Reason for enquiry
- Relevant information regarding any products Gabriella James, Chairmakers provide to you (the data subject)
- Website visits, location, time spent on site and other factors collected by Google analytics as well as site activity using Lucky Orange. This does not consist of personal data and the data subject could not be identified using the data collected.
What we do with the data we collect
In processing data we may;
- Contact the data subject in relation to their enquiry. This contact could be a response to a phone message, enquiry form or direct e mail.
- Send useful and timely promotional and informative e mails in the interest of the data subject. This would include useful articles suitable to the data subjects’ interested in our products. It may also include useful new products deemed important and specific to the data subject. We will not sell any data to a third party.
- We will not use any data in automated decision making
The processing of this data is in order to discuss and respond to a request regarding our products and deliver ordered goods.
This website is built using software by Shopify and some other third party software providers. The highly secure and password protected data collection area may be based in data centres outside of the EU. Under GDPR it is important we are clear about any data that may leave the EU. This data is secure and is not accessible to any third parties. Please see the Data policy provided by Shopify
Legal Basis for Processing
Gabriella James, Chairmakers use three main legal basis’ for processing your data.
- Legitimate Interest – this is defined as a response to an enquiry that is in the interest of the data subject who requested a response. There may also be further contact if any important information regarding the service needs to be communicated. This can also include further offers or information that is in the interest of the data subject more than that of Gabriella James, Chairmakers or a follow up services in the interest of the data subject
- Contract – this is defined as contact with the data subject that is necessary to fulfil the agreed work and contract eg – delivering a chair that has been ordered.
- Consent – This is consent freely given at the point of contact where Gabriella James, Chairmakers may send timely and rare relevant e mails to the data subject. These e mails will contain relevant information that is useful as well as occasional products in the interest of the data subject.
All forms of data processing will be considered normal, expected and within the confines of the services Gabriella James, Chairmakers offer.
Your Data Rights
The data controller for Gabriella James, Chairmakers is Felicity Randolph. She can be contacted directly via email@example.com or called on 01233 756740
For any complaints regarding data processing, how it is being held, what is being held and any related issues please contact Felicity and she will endeavour to respond with 48 hours.
You have a right too:
- Full access to any data that is held about you
- Edit, change and rectify the data being held about you – this will be done within 1 month.
- Object to the use of your data completely. This is different from erasure and deletion. In this instance we still hold the data but do not process it in anyway.
- Restrict processing. In this instance you can restrict any type of processing for example you could restrict all processing to e mail only and no phone calls.
- Erasure – this is complete deletion of the data held about you.
- Data portability. If you wish to transfer the data we hold about you to another supplier or service.
For any information or to action any of your right please contact the data controller as stated above.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
How Long We Store Data
All enquiry data is held for 5 years unless removal is requested.
All customer data is held inline with legal requirements for at least 6 years.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
We use activity monitoring software called Lucky Orange to look at the pages people visit, how long they stay, what they click on and more. This is designed to help us create a better website for the user and improve the customer experience.
We use the Facebook Pixel which allows us to record people who have visited the Gabriella James, Chairmakers site and then show those people relevant and timely adverts via Facebook, Instagram and their associated platforms.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Last Updated December 2021.
Gabriella James, Chairmakers Limited.
215 Spice Quay Heights. 32 Shad Thames. London SE1 2YL